Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First Fruits


My Roses are blooming! I actually learned how to prune the rose bushes that I inherited when purchasing our first home, and I have already twice as many blooms as last year. This gardening thing is amazing! Outside of pruning a couple of things and sticking some rose food under a couple of plants I've mostly been crossing my fingers and knocking on wood. I usually kill any type of houseplant, but maybe staying outside is best as nature has a way of taking care of itself. I look forward to seeing if any other roses blooms happen the way my uncle said they would if I cut them in a certain spot. I know, not overly interesting,but they are gorgeous. I had my second bud open the day that my girlfriend had her baby, it opened very quickly so I cut it and brought it to her in the hospital. A doctor on the elevator asked if it was from my garden and commented on how good it smelled. I thought maybe he was trying to hit on me, but then I realized that some people are really into this gardening thing. Here's to the next batch!

No comments: